It was at the Estoril round of the 2009 MotoGP season that Jorge Lorenzo first wore his ‘spaceman’ helmet. Lorenzo had his regular Nolan helmet designed to look like a NASA astronaut’s helmet to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the moon landing with Neil Armstrong’s famous phrase “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” on it.
The front of the helmet is painted black to resemble a space helmet, and the rear of the helmet has a graphic of Armstrong’s footprint on the moon.
This is a stunning helmet design – and as this helmet is a limited edition it makes unique collectors item for all Lorenzo and bike racing fans.
X-802 Is the racing helmet at the top of the X-lite® product range. This design represents the culmination of years of experience in the top levels of motorcycle racing competitions. Each component (shell, visor, liner, and ventilation system) is the product of innovative development, aimed at providing a product with constant quality and perfect performance.
Each part was carefully designed considering top performance and developed along an experimental and test scheme in the MotoGP. Already at the beginning of the 2008 motorcycle racing season, Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo, and other riders sponsored by Nolan Group, tested and experimented many of the innovative technical solutions found on this helmet which is now available for the most serious and demanding riders.
- Road approved racing helmet
- Carbon, Kevlar and glass composite shell
- Quick change visor system that doesn’t require tools
- Lexan OQ convex and scratch resistant visor
- Nolan anti-fog inner visor
- Adjustable rear spoiler
- Air extractors
- Adjustable air vents on chin and crown
- Double D-ring retention system
- Thermo regulating comfort padding
- Triple density removable/adjustable cheek pads
- Unitherm stretch microfibre lining
- Colour: Jorge Lorenzo Moon replica paintwork
- Please note all our helmets are supplied with clear visors
- This helmet and visor passes standard ECE 22.05 for motorcycle helmet use in the EU.
- This helmet is P graded, as it has passed the ECE 22.05 standard as a full face helmet.
- SHARP 4 star rated
- ACU Gold approved
- X-Lite helmets come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty. All Nolan Group helmets (Nolan, X-Lite) are guaranteed for 5 years from the date of purchase against any material or production defect
Image Gallery (click to enlarge):