AGV have released a replica of Valentino Rossi’s ‘Kendo’ helmet – this was the design that Rossi wore to celebrate his return to Yamaha after his ill-fated two seasons spent away at the factory Ducati team.
The design is available in AGV’s new update to their long-running, and best-selling K3 range, which is now called the K-3 SV, where the ‘SV’ refers to an interior sun-visor – something many helmet manufacturers are adding to their lower range helmets at the request of everyday motorcycle riders.
Rossi tested in two versions of this helmet, he started testing in this black, grey, and yellow version, which eventually turned to a blue version by the time he was testing the following year in Jerez. The blue version of this helmet was insanely popular and it is now very hard to find, but the good news is that it is still relatively easy to find stock of this helmet in the classic black and yellow colourway.
The design features a black base with Rossi’s Sun and Moon logos set in light grey on the sides of the helmet. The front of the helmet features a large ’46’ that looms out over the visor on a yellow background.
The Japanese symbol on the rear means ‘Kendo’ which is a Japanese term to describe a powerful and intense emotion – this was Valentino’s way of signaling how he felt about his return to the factory Yamaha team.
AGV have developed the K-3 SV motorcycle helmet with the experience they gained during the design process of their premium Pista GP helmets, and the Corsa and GT Veloce helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. The K3-SV is a very popular helmet and its wide appeal has ensured that it is AGV’s bestselling helmet by a long way. The AGV K-3 SV is suitable for all riders who are looking for comfort coupled with high performance characteristics. The K-3 SV is ideal for everyday riders who are looking for a aggressive looking helmet without compromising on comfort and practicality.
The AGV K-3 SV also comes with a wide selection of race replica designs which means riders can pick up a stunning looking race design (such as this Valentino Rossi one) at a reasonable everyday price. What’s not to love?
Thanks to Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis and wind tunnel testing, the integrated ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head (through three front vents, chin vent, side vents, and two extractors at the back of the helmet), and the aerodynamics minimize drag, lift and noise, and ensure stability even at racetrack speeds.
360 degree view of the Valentino Rossi Winter test helmet:
- Two sizes of HIR-TH shell High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM Finite Elements Analysis system
- Homologation ECE 2205 and ACU Gold Approved
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents 3 at the front and one on the chin guard and 2 rear extractors
- XQRS X-tra Quick Release System visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Visor mechanism with PVS system Perimetric Visor Seal for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
- Visor micro-opening system
- GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100 percent protection from UV rays
- Integrated removable Sun Visor ISV with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
- Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
- Micrometric adjustable strap system
- Anti-theft ring on strap
- AGV Share Intercom System Ready
- Sizes XS, S, MS, ML, L, XL, XXL
- Weight E2205 c1.470g in size MS
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV K-3 SV Winter test helmet (‘Kendo’, Black & Yellow):
Here is the Revzilla.com detailed review of the AGV K-3 SV helmet:
Check our full review of the AGV K3 SV helmet (opens in new tab)
Put bluntly the AGV K-3 SV is a great helmet that comes packed with features and a solid safety rating that you would probably end up paying more for from other brands. It is a solid everyday motorcycle helmet masquerading under a race helmet’s shape and design.
The K-3 SV series also has a number of race replica graphics vaialable in the range, including five different official Valentino Rossi designs to choose from. The AGV K3 SV range is one of the best options if you are after a great looking race replica helmet without wanting to pay a premium price, and it is currently the cheapest way to get hold of an official Valentino Rossi MotoGP race replica helmet.
You can expect to pick up a K3 for less than £200 / $260. Check the links below for trusted sellers where you can pick one up.
|Get it from Motorcycle-Superstore.com, US based with global shipping, and free US shipping.||Get it from SportsbikeShop.co.uk with free shipping worldwide.|
|Get it from FC-Moto (worldwide shipping available). They have a dedicated US, UK and EU site – so they cover most countries. Plus great pricing and customer service!|
|Get it at MotoIn.com who are Europe based, but have UK and US sites and shipping.|
|Get it at GetGeared.co.uk who are UK based.|
|Plenty of stock and price offers at Amazon in all sizes.|
|Check bargans and pricing on from many sellers.|