One thing AGV are not short is inspiration for classic helmet designs, and they have once again drawn on their long history with Valentino Rossi to recreate this classic helmet design in their updated AGV K3 SV range.
This is the helmet design that Valentino Rossi wore for the 250cc GP way back in 1998 at Imola. The design was a tribute to Italy and Valentino’s helmet featured three equally sized vertical stripes of green, white and red to evoke the tricolour of the Italian national flag. The cartoon faces of Rossi’s Sun and Moon motifs remained positioned on the side, and the rear of the helmet features a heap of coloured flowers.
AGV always have a few Valentino Rossi replica helmet designs available in their AGV K3 ranges, which is pretty cool, as it makes these iconic designs available to the everyday rider who doesn’t have the funds to splash out on one of the premium AGV models (like the Pista GP) or the rider who doesn’t need a full on race-specification helmet. The AGV K3 SV range remains the most affordable way for riders to get an official Valentino Rossi race replica helmet.
Description: Valentino Rossi AGV K-3 SV Imola helmet:
The AGV K-3 SV is the successor to the very popular K3; but now with an internal sun visor! Manufactured in 2 shell sizes throughout the size range, the shell is constructed from a High Resistant Thermoplastic Resin (HIR-TH). The interior pads are made from Dri-Lex and microfibre with a sanitising treatment, both the cheek-pads and interior pad are removable and washable. Front air intakes along with rear exhausts, micro-metric retention system, Share Bluetooth system ready, an optical class 1, non-scratch, anti-fog, polycarbonate visor and internal sun visor make this helmet unbeatable value for money.
The K-3 SV has been designed to accept the new integrated communication platform.
- 2 sizes of HIR-TH shell (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin)
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system
- Homologation: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS/NZS
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Visor mechanism with PVS system (Perimetrical Visor Seal) for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
- GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
- Integrated removable Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
- Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
- Micrometrically adjustable strap retention system
- Anti-theft ring on strap
- Sizes XS- S- MS- ML – L- XL – XXL
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV K-3 SV Imola helmet:
Check our full review of the AGV K3 SV helmet (opens in new tab)
Put bluntly the AGV K-3 SV is a great helmet that comes packed with features and a solid safety rating that you would probably end up paying more for from other brands. It is a solid everyday motorcycle helmet masquerading under a race helmet’s shape and design. The K-3 SV series also has a number of race replica graphics vaialable in the range, including five different official Valentino Rossi designs to choose from. The AGV K3 SV range is one of the best options if you are after a great looking race replica helmet without wanting to pay a premium price, and it is currently the cheapest way to get hold of an official Valentino Rossi MotoGP race replica helmet.
You can expect to pick up a K3 for less than £200 / $260. Check the links below for trusted sellers.
|Get it from Motorcycle-Superstore.com, US based but ship globally.|
|Get it from Revzilla.com, US based and ship globally. Plus free US shipping.|
|Get it from FC-Moto.com based in Europe, ship globally. Recommended.|
|Get it from Sportsbikeshop.co.uk, UK based with great pricing and service.|
|Get it from MotoIn.com, based in Germany but have US and UK sites and ship most places.|
|Get it from various sellers at Amazon|
|You can also get stock from a variety of sellers on at various bargain prices.|