AGV certainly know how to milk their cash cow that goes by the name of Valentino Rossi – this is AGV’s AX-8 Evo Naked 46 helmet, which has….and you have probably already guessed it by the name…..a yellow 46 stamped on it.
Despite the fact that this isn’t an actual Valentino Rossi race replica, it is actually a decent stripped back helmet that has been popular with street riders for a while now – it is basically a road bike version of AGV’s AX-8 DS EVO helmet that has various features either removed or modified to make it a lightweight hemet that is optimised for street use.
The AGV AX-8 EVO helmet has become a hit favorite thanks to its unique, fighter-pilot looks, the AX-8 Evo Naked also boasts practical features such as light weight and a wide field of vision. The shape of the carbon-aramid-fiberglass shell minimizes buffeting, thereby reducing neck fatigue, the inner parts are removable and washable and the visor resists scratching and fogging.
The AGV AX-8 Evo Naked road helmet has an aggressive look and is well suited to a wide range of motorbikes including Streetfighters, Supermotos and even entry level Nakeds. It addresses a new road-riders generation having a strong personality and constantly seeking for a distinctive look and strong emotions With tense and modern lines, low weight and excellent ventilation, these helmets are also perfect for more experienced riders.
- Exterior shell in CAAF (Carbon-Aramidic-Fiberglass) in 3 sizes
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes
- Chin guard base edge acts as shock-absorber
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- 3 front vents and 2 rear extractors
- Chin air vent with open/close position which can be easily removed and replaced without the use of tools and is interchangeable with that on the AX-8 Evo
- New DUAL visor in scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate
- Visor mechanism with customisable opening system
- Fully removable and washable liners (including the flap on the strap)
- Dri-Lex® sanitised fabrics. The fixed part of the cheek pads is covered with a soft, easily washed, plastic material
- Double D retention system
Revzilla‘s video review of the AGV AX-8 Evo naked helmet:
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV AX-8 Evo Naked 46 helmet:
You can expect to pick up a K3 for less than £350 / $400, usually much less if you know where to shop. Got to say though, whilst the AGV AX-8 Evo Naked helmet is pretty easy to find in general, not many shops are carrying the Rossi ’46’ version for some reason. Check the links below for trusted sellers.
|Get it from FC-Moto.com based in Europe, with US and UK websites, ship globally. Recommended.|
|Get it from MotoIn.com, based in Germany but have US and UK sites and ship most places.|