This is the Suomy Max Biaggi ‘World Champion’ tribute helmet.
The design is a new twist on his Superbike helmet and it features additional images of Max Biaggi from each of the years where he bagged a World Championship title – from the 250cc Grand Prix years, all the way up to his World Superbike championship titles.
The helmet also features gold stars that represent each of the years that Biaggi secured one of his World Titles.
Be aware that this is a limited edition so when stock is gone, then it really is gone. Suomy have made this special limited edition available in their excellent APEX motorcycle helmet range.
Official Description of the Max Biaggi Suomy World Championship helmet:
Apex, the new fibre helmet by SUOMY was designed giving maximum consideration to internal comfort, construction technology, reliability, and safety for both rider and racer.
As per SUOMY tradition, APEX continues with its external sport design while at the same time assuring the comfort that only a “top-of-the-line” helmet can give.
Using 360 degree scientific knowledge, the APEX has been designed and tested in wind tunnels to optimize external flow while taking serious consideration to the internal ventilation.
State of the art technical solutions were used in the design and manufacture of this helmet. The new materials used in construction gives the shell a unique rigidity while maintaining considerable lightness in the overall weight of the helmet.
- Shell available in three sizes (M, L and XL), and made in Italy. The new composite material is a combination of carbon in various grammages and aramidic fibre.
- Internal polystyrene protective liner, available in three sizes (M, L and XL). The special shape and construction featuring differentiated density increases mechanical resistance in the event of accidental shocks.
- The face shield is pressed and cut from a flat sheet and then thermoformed. Each face shield is a one-of-a-kind piece with unequalled optical features and mechanical resistance. Moreover, thanks to this process, there is no need to apply overlapping lenses inside the face shield since it is equipped with permanent “anti-fog” and “anti-scratch” treatments.
- The D-RING retention system,designed and patented by Suomy: this reliable and tested double D ring systemensures stability, safety and resistance.
- Removable and washable cheek pads are available in different thicknesses for complete customization of the final product.
- Completely removable and washable internal shell is in different thicknesses for complete customization of the final product.
- The removable internal shell has been ergonomically designed for a uniform and controlled fit of the entire head. The visible aeration slots ensure that incoming air thermo-regulates the inside of the helmet and that the flow of hot air is easily discharged from the rear.
- The internal elements (cheek pads and internal shell) are made entirely of COOLMAX® ACTIVE fabric with INTERPOWER treatment:
– Wicks sweat away from the body;
– Keeps the user fresh, dry and comfortable;
– Lightweight, soft and breathable fabric;
– Performance verified and certified by ADVANSA.
- Polystyrene with grooves to direct the incoming air flow.
- Upper air intake with on/off switch to control the helmet’s internal ventilation.
- Adjustable chin-guard air intake to control the helmet’s internal ventilation.
- Spoiler and rear exhaust vents that facilitate the discharge of the incoming air flow.
- Rear spoiler: made from polycarbonate the spoiler has been subjected to wind tunnel research and testing so that the point of detachment of the aerodynamic flow is shifted as far away as possible from the shell. This results in less turbulence and therefore fewer vibrations on the helmet itself.
The fibreglass shell, available in three sizes: XS-M, 2) L-XL, 3) XXL-XXXL
- XS 53/54 6-1/2” 6-5/8”
- S 55/56 6-3/4” 6-7/8”
- M 57/58 7” 7-1/8”
- L 59/60 7-1/4” 7-3/8”
- XL 61/62 7-1/2” 7-5/8”
- XXL 63/64 7-3/4” 7-7/8”
- XXXL 65/66 8” 8-1/8”
Always check the homologation list for each model and verify availability/possibility of using them in the countries where they are sold.
- ECE 22-05 Europe
- DOT America and Canada
- QAS Australia and New Zealand
- JIS Japan
- INMETRO Brazil
- NBR 7471
Image gallery of the Max Biaggi limited edition Championship helmet:
Video view of the Max Biaggi limited edition Suomy helmet:
Pricing and availability:
As we mentioned, this was released as a strictly limited edition, only 1000 units were created and each one is numbered. The helmet proved to be very popular. Your best bet for picking one up now is probably ebay.
Where to buy it:
|Get it from who are now probably your best bet for stock now.|