This is the official Marc Marquez replica helmet in the premium Shoei X-Spirit (also known as X-14, depending on where you are in the world) range.
This design is a replica of the helmet that Marquez has been racing with during the 2016 MotoGP season. It keeps the famous Marquez ‘Ant’ logo on the top of the helmet, but in this latest design the Ant motif is given a metallic sheen, complete with a 3D effect. The helmet is a deep red colour with a geometric pattern on the sides that flow into a subtle and small representation of Marquez’s racing number ’93’.
The bold red colour is offset with a black chin, giving the design a very aggressive look and feel. The rear of the helmet features a large number 93, with a 3D metallic design.
The Shoei X-Spirit III is basically the premium flagship model in the Shoei helmet range and it has primarily been designed as a performance helmet most suited to the the high-speeds of the race track – it is the same model that Marquez and other riders (Bradley Smith being another) race in.
The key benefits of this new helmet model are mostly centered on improved aerodynamics and the new ‘wings’ on each side of the helmet’s rear are designed to boost stability. The standard wider wings are best for straight-line stability at high speed. The inner lining has also been changed and riders can now tilt the helmet back and forth by an extra 4 degrees, which helps give a more effective range of vision when you have your head down.
Check out the Revzilla video review of the new Shoei X-Spirit Marc Marquez helmet to see all the new features:
Marc Marquez is probably the most famous racer that Shoei has a partnership with at the moment, and Marquez himself had the opportunity to contribute to the development of this lid. At the launch of the new Shoei X-Spirit III Marc Marquez said:
“The new X-Spirit III is an evolution of the X-Spirit II. It’s an incredible helmet, improved in all its parts, with particularly attention to the aerodynamic design. The ventilation has improved too. In fact, there are more exists for the air. I like the shape. It’s much more modern compared to the previous model. I have been with Shoei since 2010 and from the very first moment I knew that this was my helmet. In the last months I have given my comments and suggestions. I would like to thank Shoei for their full commitment to safety and for their constant dedication to development. Safety is vital in our sport.”
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION & FEATURES:
With the Shoei X-14 Marquez 4 helmet, riders will literally get to wear the same helmet as one of the best riders in MotoGP. The X14 is as premium as it gets and has been designed from the ground up with speed, precision, and style for the all-out throttle-getters of the world. Featuring the Marquez ant and the number 93 throughout, this is an iconic design that has come to be one of the most recognisable symbols of the modern MotoGP era.
Aerodynamic Shell Design
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders’ feedback
- Dual-Layer Multi-Density EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and five EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar with Cheek Pad Cooling System
- Standard Rear Flaps can be replaced with optional, narrower flaps to customize aerodynamics, depending on rider preference and track demands
- Removable Lower Air Spoiler can be affixed to the chin bar to improve aerodynamic stabilization
- Upper air intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Rear Stabilizer, allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Cheek Pad Cooling System features channels cut through the EPS liner and corresponding air holes in the cheek pad foam, cooling and clearing warm, humid air away from the rider’s face
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+)
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers into shell construction for a structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid, and resilient
3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning and replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- Cheek pads and center pad can be manipulated to allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees, increasing the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions
- Comfortable, 3D Max-Dry helmet liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors, keeping aggressive riders cool and dry
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by ear pads, removable breath guard, and chin curtain
Standard Chin-Strap Clip
- Neatly secures chin strap
CWR-F Shield and QR-E System
- QR-E base plate system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation
- Exclusive patent pending Vortex Generators on shield reduce air friction
- Scratch-resistant coating and Pinlock EVO Fog Resistant System
- 99% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- All-new double shield locking unwanted shield openings
Gallery of the Marc Marquez Shoei X-Spirit / X-12 III helmet:
And here is Marc Marquez showing of the latest Shoei X-Spirit III helmet in the official launch video:
Price & Availability:
If you are looking for a Marc Marquez replica helmet, and you can afford the price tag of a premium Shoei helmet, then this is the one to buy. That said, the Shoei III series is starting to be phased out, so you will find deep discounts on the RRP at the links below.
Where to buy it:
|Get it from SportsbikeShop.co.uk with free shipping worldwide.|
|Get it from Revzilla.com with free shipping worldwide.|
|If you are in the US you can also get it from MotorcycleHouse.com.|
|Get it from FC-Moto (worldwide shipping available). They have a dedicated US and EU site – so they cover most countries. Plus great pricing and customer service!|
|If you are in the UK also try Demon-Tweeks.co.uk, who have stock.|
|Also, check out GhostBikes.com if you are in the UK or EU.|
|If you are in Europe then try Motoin.de, based in Germany and ship most places.|
|Get it from eBay who have bargains and stock available.|
|Plenty of stock and price offers at Amazon in all sizes.|