This is the official Shoei replica of the classic Marc Marquez helmet that he wore during his Moto2 and then MotoGP World Championship winning seasons – it is probably the most iconic of all Marc Marquez’s helmet designs.
The helmet was designed by Aldo Drudi, and features the now famous Marquez ‘Ant’ logo – Marquez’s father has elaborated on why the ant was chosen as a logo/mascot: “He chose it because the ant is the world’s strongest animal, small, hard-worker”.
The design places the ant on the top of the helmet, a stark image on a red background. The rest of the helmet features a black base, with red, blue, and white shapes that flow towards the rear of the helmet where a cartoon ant can be seen over Marquez’s racing number ’93’.
This is a clean, bold, and to be honest, pretty reserved design when compared to other MotoGP helmets. A timeless and iconic racing design, and a slick looking lid.
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION & FEATURES:
Shoei has a comprehensive lineup but when it comes to all out performance, the X-Twelve, also known as the X-Spirit, is the helmet that stands up and gets the job done. Bred in the world of racing and worn by riders like MotoGP champ Marc Marquez, the X-Twelve can genuinely boast impressive aerodynamics and venting. What is more surprising though than its racing credentials is the amount of civility Shoei has managed to pack into the helmet. Naturally light, the X-Twelve is also quiet and uses the same shield changing system as seen on other Shoei helmets. This means it’s easy and simple to use. Some sportbike riders like absolute performance but the X-Twelve thankfully doesn’t make you suffer for it. Both solids and race replica graphics are available so you can get the X-Twelve in a number of different styles as well.
Aerodynamic Shell Design
- Wind tunnel tested shell aerodynamics, spoiler and ventilation
- Streamline design increases airflow while reducing noise, buffeting and lift during high speed riding
- Aero Edge Spoiler 2 is positioned to reduce lift and generate negative air pressure to draw warm air through exhaust vents
- Shoei’s most aggressively ventilated helmet
- Five intake and ten exhaust vents
- Air Scoop 3 intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Aero Edge Spoiler 2 allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- 3 Side extractor vents developed from MotoGP serve to remove warm air from rider’s face to increase comfort and reduce fogging
- Featured exclusively on the X-Twelve
3D Max-Dry Interior System
- Fully removable, washable and replaceable
- Max-Dry liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as traditional liners
- Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization
- Three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet for easy and safe helmet removal
- Eyeglass compatible interior
CW-1 Shield & Q.R.S.A. System
- Protects form 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection molding ensures a distortion free view throughout entire field of vision
- Works in conjunction with optional Pinlock® Fog-Resistant System
- Optional CWF-1 Racing Shield accommodates tearoffs
- QRSA Base Plate System allows smooth and easy shield changes
- Patented spring loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Pre-set lever locks shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly
AIM+ Shell Construction
- Proprietary technology integrates a six-ply matrix
- Hand laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- Strongest, lightest and most elastic shell – SNELL M2010/DOT
- Dual layer EPS liner provides enhanced impact absorption while not impeding cooling air flow
Check out the video review by Revzilla to find out more about the Marc Marquez Shoei X-12 replica helmet:
Image gallery of the Shoei-X Spirit/X-12 replica helmet:
Price and availability:
If you are looking to pick up a classic MotoGP race replica helmet then this Marc Marquez helmet is a very good option – the helmet has been on the market for a while now, so prices are really dropping and bargains can found. You can easily get £/$200 off the retail price on this model at the moment. Check out the links below to find out where to get this Marc Marquez helmet at the best prices from reliable vendors.
Where to buy it:
|If you are in the US then check out ChaparralMotorsports.com, who currently have deep discounts on this Marquez helmet. Ship globally.|
|Get it from Revzilla.com who are also running discounts. US based with shipping worldwide.|
|If you are in Europe the get it from FC-Moto (worldwide shipping available). They have a dedicated US and EU site – so they cover most countries. Plus great pricing and customer service!|
|If you are in Europe you can also get it from MotoIn.de (worldwide shipping available). They have some of the biggest discounts on this helmet if you can make the shipping price work in your favor.|
|Get it from eBay who have bargains and stock available.|
|Plenty of stock and price offers at Amazon in all sizes.|