AGV have pulled another interesting replica out from their range of sponsored riders and made it available in the entry level, and excellent value, AGV K-3 SV motorcycle range.
The design was created by Radici Design and it is a pretty simple concept with green, red, and blues lines over a white base with the bulk of the space on the side of the helmet left open for a large cartoon bulldog. Like his famous half-brother Valentino Rossi, Marini has a pet bulldog. The bulldog is a motif that Marini has used for a while and you can see it on most of his official equipment and merchandise, including T-shirts and pit boards.
A fun and simple design.
Product Description: Luca Marini AGV K3 SV helmet:
AGV have developed the K-3 SV motorcycle helmet with the experience they gained during the design process of their premium Pista GP helmets, and the Corsa and GT Veloce helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. The K3-SV is a very popular helmet and its wide appeal has ensured that it is AGV’s bestselling helmet by a long way. The AGV K-3 SV is suitable for all riders who are looking for comfort coupled with high performance characteristics. The K-3 SV is ideal for everyday riders who are looking for a aggressive looking helmet without compromising on comfort and practicality.
The K3 is AGV’s entry level full face helmet and is designed to offer a rider on a budget the experience of owning a premium product. The AGV K3 has a very high specification and is packed with features such as a quick release micro-metric buckle and a clear, anti-scratch & anti-fog polycarbonate Street 8 visor.
The AGV K-3 SV also comes with a wide selection of race replica designs which means riders can pick up a stunning looking race design at a reasonable everyday price. What’s not to love?
Thanks to Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis and wind tunnel testing, the integrated ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head (through three front vents, chin vent, side vents, and two extractors at the back of the helmet), and the aerodynamics minimize drag, lift and noise, and ensure stability even at racetrack speeds.
- – HIR-TH (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin) shell
- – 2 shell sizes / 4 EPS sizes
- – ECE 2205 ACU GOLD
- – Dry-Comfort sanitized 3D linings and cheekpads
- – Fully removable and washable inner liners
- – IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- – 4 front air intakes, 2 rear extractors
- – XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) for tool-free removal and replacement of visor in seconds.
- -Visor ratchet system can be customised by changing the toothed mechanism: Touring, Race and City (included)
- – GT 2 anti-scratch, pinlock ready polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays (pinlock included)
- – Micro opening de-mist visor mechanism
- – Integrated Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant, anti-fog visor with tool-free replacement system
- – Removable breath deflector
- – Removable windproof chin protection
- – Micrometric retention system
- – Anti-theft ring on strap
- – Ready for AGV SHARE communication system
- – Weight 1430g (size MS)
- – Sizes XS – S – M – L – XL – XXL
Image gallery of the Luca Marini AGV K3-SV helmet:
Here is the Revzilla.com detailed review of the AGV K-3 SV helmet if you want more detail on this great everyday street helmet:
Check our full review of the AGV K3 SV helmet (opens in new tab)
Put bluntly the AGV K-3 SV is a great helmet that comes packed with features and a solid safety rating that you would probably end up paying more for from other brands. It is a solid everyday motorcycle helmet masquerading under a race helmet’s shape and design.
The K-3 SV series also has a number of race replica graphics available in the range. The AGV K3 SV range is one of the best options if you are after a great looking race replica helmet without wanting to pay a premium price, and it is currently the cheapest way to get hold of an official MotoGP race replica helmet.
You can expect to pick up a K3 for less than £200 / $260. The good news is that the Luca Marini helmet is widely available all over the world in the K-3 SV range, so check the links below for trusted sellers who carry stock. Should be something there no matter where in the world you are based.
|Get it from SportsbikeShop.co.uk, UK based with global shipping, an great service. Recommended.|
|Get it from Revzilla.com, US based with global shipping, and free US shipping.|
|Get it from FC-Moto.com. Based in Germany, but ship everywhere, great for EU shoppers with a huge range.|
|Get it from Demon-Tweeks.co.uk. UK based.|
|Get it at MotoIn.com who are German based, but also have UK and US sites and shipping.|
|Plenty of stock and price offers at Amazon in all sizes. You can also buy direct from AGV here.|
|Check bargains and pricing on from many sellers.|