This is the official Cal Crutchlow replica race helmet which is available in the ‘top-of-range’ Arai RX-7 motorcycle helmet range.
Update: the RX-7 is now pretty much discontinued so it is going to get more and more difficult to find this specific Cal Crutchlow replica, however the good news is that any you do find are likely to be highly discounted (check the links at the bottom of the page for shops that might still carrying stock).
This is basically the helmet that Crutchlow wore during his short spell in the factory Ducati team during the 2014 MotoGP season. It features the green and yellow swooping pattern at the front of the helmet that Crutchlow has raced with for years. The rear of the helmet features Crutchlow’s race number ’35’ and his name stamped over a Union Jack flag. This is a distinctive and instantly recognisable design amongst race fans.
The Arai RX-7 is also known as the Arai Corsair V, the Corsair title is used in the USA and you will find the RX-7 title used in the UK and Europe – regardless of the name it’s the same helmet. This is Arai’s race-specification helmet and as a result it is the most expensive Arai helmet you’ll find on the market, so be warned – this is not really a helmet for the average street rider looking for something for the daily commute. That’s not to say it isn’t suitable for street wear, it is just you won’t getting the full beneft of all the features that come with the helmet.
Description of the Cal Crutchlow Corsair V / RX-7 helmet:
The new Arai RX-7 GP offers features that have never before been available on any other helmet. The ‘’PB SNC’’ outer shell is completely new with a Peripherally Belt offering incredible rigidity and strength to the already immensely strong SNC (Structural Net Composite) Super Fiber shell construction.
Stability of the RX-7 GP is further improved thanks to the adjustable Aero Wing, reducing drag, turbulence and buffeting. With the RX-7 GP Arai has once more set the standard in the premium helmet class.
- Ventilation Diffuser: ventilation system offers enhanced adjustable intake and exhaust ports for increased airflow and reduced wind turbulence. The middle-intake slot creates an accelerated venturi effect for faster venting of stale air. Effective, lower side vents reduce wind noise en prevent buffeting. Three-position chin vent (including demist function). Unique Arai brow vents guide fresh air to the temples and forehead area.
- SNC reinforced shell Incorporates a structural net reinforcing material embedded between Arai’s exclusive Super Complex Laminate layers to further improve shell integrity and impact-force management. Overall helmet weight is reduced, while the centre of gravity is lowered, resulting in better balance and reduced fatigue for more comfort.
- Patented Air Wing® MotoGP tested and designed to greatly reduce drag, turbulence and buffeting. Resulting in more comfort and additional top-speed. It improves stability of the helmet at high speeds or when braking hard and reduces noise. Adjustable in five different angles of attack positions to suit every riding position.
- Facial Contour System: To offer an even better snug fit and enhancing the comfort to the lower jaw, the Facial Contour System (FCS) works with a foam spring support in the cheek pad that compresses and rebounds
- PB (Peripherally Belted): Consists of a strengthening belt across the helmet, just above the visor opening, to reinforce the forehead area of the shell. It was devised during F-1 helmet development.
- 5mm ’’Peel Away’’ 5mm thick removable foam layer on the ear cups/ cheek pads and temple pads. Offering more room if desired without the need to purchase an optional headliner or new pads/ear cups.
- Emergency Release System: Allows easier access to an injured rider. By pulling the orange tabs integrated in the pads, the cheek pads slide out. Making helmet removal easier for trained medical personnel and rescuers. Minimising the risk of additional injury.
- ECE 22-05 and SNELL M2010 approved: This is one of the few models fully approved to ECE 22-05 and SNELL M2010 standards.
- Five times inspected Each Arai helmet goes through five separate quality-control departments: after the shell is made, after painting and graphic completion, after assembly and two in-process inspections
- Washable interior The premium quality interior of any Arai helmet can be easily cleaned, in place, with mild soap and lukewarm water
- Handmade: It can take up to five years for our experts to earn the right to create an Arai shell. Each shell can take up to 27 steps and to build one Arai helmet will take about 18 man-hours.
- All-day comfort: All-day comfort with the Arai interior fit and shape together with the finest liner materials and the extensive ventilation system. And thanks to the perfect balance and weight distribution of the helmet, you hardly notice you are wearing an Arai.
- Penetration tested: All Arai helmets are penetration tested, although not required by European helmet standards. The Arai penetration test is performed with a 3kg test cone that strikes from a height of 3m on the helmet
- Double-D ring device: The flat and D-shaped rings fit smooth against the chin. No moving parts, no corrosion problems and just pulling the tab is enough to loosen the fastener.
- Smooth shape, better protection: The smooth outer shell of Arai helmets is designed to glide without unnecessary resistance. You don’t want to decelerate your helmet more than necessary. That’s why all Arai vents and ducts are designed to break off during an impact.
- Hard outer shell, soft inner shell: Arai uses a very hard outer shell to spread impact forces and a soft inner shell to absorb remaining energy. The multiple-density EPS inner shell is made using a unique technology of combining three to five densities in various areas as a single component.
- Organic shape: The organic shape of an Arai outer shell offers a more natural appearance, seals better and conforms more to the head’s natural shape for improved comfort, fit and to help minimize wind turbulence.
- 5-year limited warranty: All Arai helmets are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, and are serviceable only for the properly fitted first user for 5 years from date of first use, but no more than 7 years from date of manufacture.
- Different outer shells: Unlike many other manufacturers Arai provides one size outer shell for each two-helmet sizes for most models. Together with different shaped outer shells for different models it is almost impossible not to find the fit you are looking for.
- Arai In-house tested: This Arai helmet is designed to meet the stringent Arai In-house standard requirements, in addition to mandatory standards such as ECE 22-05 and voluntary standards such as SNELL M2010.
Image gallery of the Cal Crutchlow Arai RX-7 helmet:
Check out the 360 degree video view of the Arai Cal Crutchlow helmet:
Where to buy it:
|Get it from FC-Moto.com who still have some stock left.|
|Get it from Amazon who also had stock from various sellers.|
|Alternatively you can pick stock up from various trusted sellers on|