This is the official replica helmet for Alex Rins – the up-and-coming young motorcycle racer that made his name in Moto2 before signing up for MotoGP with the Suzuki factory team. I’d expect this helmet to be pretty popular with racing purists.
This Alex Rins design was created by the famous Bargy Designs, who also design the helmets for motorcycle-racers like Andrea Doviosio, James Toseland, Max Biaggi, and many more.
This is a clean and attractive looking design. It basically features a blue mask on the front of the helmet that reaches back to the sides where it ends in a style that makes it look like wings. The top of the helmet is white, with a red stripe down the middle that runs to the rear, which is also red. This is a kinetic but simple design that makes the helmet look like it is cutting through the air.
Alex Rins first started wearing this helmet during his 2015 Moto2 season, and his rising stock in the MotoGP paddock will ensure that this probably won’t be his last replica helmet on the market.
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION & FEATURES:
The Sumoy SR SPORT, is the premium racing helmet from SUOMY, and a huge amount of feedback from professional riders like Alex Rins, Max Biaggi, and Andrea Dovizioso have provided feedback with a special focus given to inner comfort, technology, reliability and safety both for professional riders or for street and road riders who are persuing a passion.
- Shell in TRICARBOCO materials, realized in two sizes (M and L) , fabric mix of Kevlar, carbon and fiber, joint by resin.
- Inner polystyrene in 2 sizes (M and L) in order to offer the best fitting with different density according to the size. It has channels studied in wind tunnel.
- Visor thermoformed from a polycarbonate flat sheet. Antifog and antiscratch treatment.
- Homologations ECE 22-05
- CHEEK PADS completely removable and washable, in different thicknesses for a complete customization of the product.
- INTERNAL SHELL completely removable and washable, in different thicknesses for a complete customization of the product.
- The internal removable shell has been studied for an uniform stand on the head.
- The visible channels allow the air flow to check the temperature in the internal part of the helmet and to let off the hot air through the back part.
- INNER (cheek pads and inner liner) are completely in fabric COOLMAX® ACTIVE with treatment
- Moves sweat away from the body.
- Keeps the user fresh, dry and comfortable.
- Lightweight, soft and breathable fabric.
- Performance verified and certified by ADVANSA.
- REMOVABLE NOSE PROTECTOR
The innovative rear air intake on the SR SPORT has been designed to further improve ventilation inside the helmet, using residual air flows that, again thanks to the Venturi effect, are able to generate a depression in the lower part of the helmet, in this way ensuring a substantial extraction of the hot air inside it, consequently maintaining a comfortable temperature even at the back of the head (neck)
The ventilation system of SR SPORT, together with the special shape of the internal shell , optimize the outside and inside flows. Fed by inside air ventilation and using the Venturi effect, they optimize the internal ventilation. The back spoiler has been studied to reduce the helmet vibration. This grants an uniform diffusion of the air flow in the internal part of the shell.
Image gallery of the Suomy Alex Rins helmet:
Sadly this Alex Rins replica helmet isn’t that easy to find in your average stockist, but on the other hand, maybe that is a bonus, after all it makes the lid that little more special if you know you aren’t riding around with the same Lorenzo or Rossi helmet designs as many race fans. Check out the stockists below who do carry stock, and will ship it pretty much anywhere in the world.
|Get it from FC-Moto (worldwide shipping available). They have a dedicated US and EU site – so they cover most countries. Plus great pricing and customer service!|
|Get it from who have bargains and stock available.|
|Plenty of stock and price offers at Amazon in all sizes.|